Saturday, August 25, 2012

62 Months - Day 44

I'm having good days and bad. Mostly good.

Wednesday I spent the evening with my daughter and her boyfriend. We ate a nice dinner and then took a walk on the beach with the dogs. My dog had never been on sand before, so it was a blast watching him go crazy, running, digging, even eating some. The other dog was basically looking at him as if to say, "What is wrong with you?"

The medicines are tough at first. They beat up your system a little bit, upset stomach, that sort of stuff. I was dehydrated the other day when I went in for my treatment so they loaded me up with a couple of bottles of saline IV. I was a little surprised because I've been very conscientious in my attempts to stay hydrated. I've been drinking Gatorade like it's my job. Well, I guess it could have been worse if I hadn't, right?

I've had some pain in my right leg. While there are 4 lesions in my right femur, the Doc thinks that there is some involvement in my back now too. He's sending me for an MRI on Monday to see if there are any lesions there. If so, he might have to go with radiation therapy as well as the medicines. Just a bump in the road.

I have got to work on making this blog a whole lot less boring! I'll get on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're ever boring! You are going to kick some serious a$$! I know it!!! Taking it one day at a time is all you can do! Lysm! My!

Tricia