Thursday, October 25, 2012

Update - Not Great

I had a bone marrow biopsy last week, and the results came back this past Monday. I'd say, not horrible, but not great. We were hoping for remission at this point, but I'm not there yet. It's likely that I'll have two more cycles of chemotherapy before I can move toward the preparations for the stem cell transplant.

I'm not upset, or disappointed, or anything like that. I was informed, from day one, that there are no sure things other than reaching remission. So from these numbers, it just means I'll be at this a little longer than planned. The medicines are working. I feel better every day, and my strength has come back so much. I'm not in denial, I'm not afraid of this cancer, and I'll get well soon. I'm hearing great success stories from so many people, and those make me even more confident that we can beat this disease. I've always been willing to do as I'm asked, and whatever efforts I have to make to kick this monster to the curb, well I'll just make them. I have a lot of people counting on me to get this right, and I have no intentions of letting anyone down.

Onward and upward, right?

No comments: