Thursday, October 4, 2012

Profound

The word "profound" does not apply to me. Oh, I often try to come with up some pearls of wisdom, thoughts that might help promote me as a sage. But, man, I am so plain, ordinary and simple.

Not that that's a bad thing. At least not for my own purposes. I don't worry about making impressions on people in my every day life. They see what they want to see, most of the time. I learned a long time ago that I'd never be suave, smooth, cool and collected. I'm not quite Peter Pan, but I have remained pretty much the same as when I was a kid.

I like being the class clown, I love attention from humor. I always wanted to be a stand-up comic, but I definitely don't measure up to that because my jokes and silliness are too spontaneous. I can't write a script for being a comedian. And besides, my style of humor is along the lines of that of Lewis Black, and he does it a lot better than I do.

Funny as I try to be, it rarely translates to the page. So I've tried to invent some alter-ego, some other side of me that could philosophize, and try to make sense and light of the events off my life. I've walked away from situations that should have killed me. I've survived things that make me a mini medical miracle at times.

Why? It always makes me think that I'm intended to do something great. But yet I work an ordinary job, have little in the way of special talents. I sing ok, I cook fairly well, but that doesn't amount to much. At least not for historical purposes.

I don't know what's up. But I'm going to keep working on it until I figure it out.

No comments: