Thursday, March 6, 2014

62 Months: Loneliness

As much as they like to  people just can't stay and keep you company all the time. Weekends are okay, but during the week people have to get on with their lives. I'm pretty restricted to what I can do or where I can go because I'm still subject to infections.

When I do go out, I have to wear a surgical mask. Unfortunately for me, the last three times I've been out have been to attend wakes and funerals. You do get lonely. You do spend a lot of time by yourself. Social media helps, there are people online that I can talk to. My kids have school, work, activities. I do get the occasional visitor, but like I said people have to get on with their lives.

It's funny, the people that I expected to be here have pretty much vanished, people I would've never guessed in a million years have been showing up to visit. I had no idea how important it would be to get a visitor to stop by just to say hello.

That's the lesson I am taking away from this. When I'm healthy again I will make sure to make time to visit people who are sick. They tell you not to go through the trouble, but that's what I'm going to do.

No comments: