Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Return of the Evil

Well, it's been a fun, clean ride. But, it appears, the Cancer has poked its head out from behind the curtain to say hello.

A few weeks ago, I had a PET scan. The oncologist spotted a "shadow" on my left femur, aka the thigh bone. He ordered a follow-up MRI which revealed a new bone lesion. What's incredible to me is, the lesion is 1/16th of an inch. I don't know if you've ever seen an MRI, but to me it looks like spilled paint on the garage floor. How anyone could look at that mess and spot something 1/16th of an inch is just amazing.

Anyway, the oncologist sent me to see a radiation oncologist, Dr. Miller. Dr. Miller laid out a plan, which was 5 weeks of radiation, 5 days per week. For some reason, the oncologist balked at this plan, and asked Miller to hold off until I see the old transplant team at Hackensack hospital.  I guess he wants another set of eyes on my case. I'll see them this coming Thursday.

If all goes as planned, I should start the radiation as soon as possible, so that I'm completely done before summer kicks in. Then I'll consider renting myself out as a night light or flashlight. Keep me in mind.

Ok so that's it for now. We'll see what Thursday brings. I'll post another update if anyone is interested. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I am very interested.
RevShar