Tuesday, October 20, 2015

62 Months:Still Alive!

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been in the way a whole lot. Mostly good things going on but some crazy things taking place.

I'm kind of proud of myself for having survived the past two or three months. I'd say that the craziest thing that occurred happened to my son, who is attending college in Florida. He was the victim of an accidental shooting. Genuinely, certifiably accidental shooting. Even the police said so. It's a long story, so I'll spare you from that. He's recovering...not quite back to form yet, but recovering.

As worldly-wise as I like to think I am, there's so much I don't know. Most importantly (and I guess relevant here) I found out the hard way, that my medical insurance didn't cover his care beyond the initial emergency care. That was a sweet good bye to some cash, that's for sure. I'm going to be 100 years old or so before I finish learning all I need to know, I guess.

My own health is pretty good. And by that I mean that nothing that's wrong with me is going to kill me at the moment. Neuropathy sucks. If you have it, you know what I mean, if you don't, I'll pray you never experience this delightful malady. I'm not too mad about it, because the treatment that brought it on saved my life. Nothing comes without a price.

I'm grouchy about 40% of the time, pleasant about 30% of the time, and asleep about 20% of the time. The other 10%, I use for eating, social media, and socializing. I hate to say I don't get out much. I have to work on the percentages.

Stay safe for now. I'm looking forward to the increase in temperatures over the next few days.

See ya.

No comments: