Saturday, June 21, 2014

62 Months: Another Summer


Today marks the official start of Summer. I think it's nice that it happens on a Saturday this year. That allows a lot of people to get a head start on the enjoyment.
I'm really intent on making it a great summer this year. My kids are at that age where hanging out with Dad isn't the most exciting part of the day, and soon enough they'll have plenty of plans of their own. Gotta make it count!
We're going to start off with a visit from my parents, along with my Uncle Fred and my cousin Jack. Should be a nice day all around, and I know at some point, I'll drop that four-letter word. F-O-O-D.
Soon I will be back to work. Not something people typically get excited over, but I work at an awesome place, with incredible co-workers, so it is a great thing for me. My other job will be enjoying summer. BBQ and the like. I'll try, of course, to include activities that don't revolve around chewing. Those muscles are well developed, trust me. Last winter I discovered a very inexpensive bocce set. Even in my cripply state, I can manage a few rounds of bocce ball.
But the summer goal is: if and when the doctors ok it, I will ride a bicycle. Now THAT is something to get excited about.

Stay tuned…

No comments: