Thursday, September 19, 2013

62 Months: Breaking Out

Yesterday I got the happy news that my white blood cell count went up to 1.8. At 1.0 you're good to go home.

My right knee, however, wasn't quite ready to let me leave. A neurologist came in and ordered a series of MRIs to figure out why my leg isn't working right. And it hurts like hell.

The food here is great. I'd say restaurant quality. The nursing staff is so absolutely compassionate, caring, gentle and attentive. So having to spend an extra day or two isn't a major problem.

I've missed my family so much. I always love that first few minutes after arrival. I can't wait for some hugs.

Now comes the next part: recuperation and recovery. I'll be under house arrest for a while. When I attended the informed consent class, I was told recovery will take 6 months to a year. We'll have to see about that.

Time to get on with living, right?

1 comment:

The Myeloma Fighter said...

Don't beleive in prognosis, I was told 6 months to 1 1/2 year almost 11 years ago!

Keep Fighting!

Yvon